Carousel_explanations – to go with pages 12 and 13 of the booklet
Revision sessions on all the AS topics will be starting next week – please see the attached timetable for details.
Please do attend as this is your chance to get targeted exam practice prior to both the AS exams and summer trial exams.
Sessions are open to all students.
- Use the studies attached to complete page 26 (supporting/contradictory research studies for the genetic explanation for aggression). genetics aggression
- Fill in the gap fill on pages 27 and 28 to provide 4 IDA/synoptic paragraphs of effective evaluation.
Use the document attached to complete the 2 studies on page 25 and 26. You will need at least 6 marks of description so you could also make notes on the 2 studies by Takahashi and Grossman and Grossman using a textbook. Studies X cultural 2016
Please also use a textbook to complete the evaluation of research into cross cultural variations of attachment on page 27.
Please download and print off the attached document and cut and stick the evaluation points under either a ‘strength’ or ‘weakness’ of Ainsworth’s research into types of attachment. If you wish to save paper you can simply write out the paragraphs yourself!
1. Use the Pdf document to fill in the A01 on Sykes’ theory of institutional aggression on page 19. http://psychology.beauchamp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/painsofimprisonment.pdf
2. Decide if each of the evaluation points on page 20 is a strength or a weakness of the deprivation model.
3. Fill in the gaps in the missing information on page 21 to provide a detailed description of the importation model. Evaluation of importation model_2016
4. Use the attached PowerPoint to fill in the evaluation of the importation model on page 22.
5. Fill in the attached essay plan. IA template 2016
Please collect an Aggression booklet from the desk and complete the following tasks. The lesson is on the description and evaluation of SLT as an explanation for aggression (and is fairly easy as you have covered SLT at least 3 times previously in the context of other behaviours).
- Complete page 2: which behaviours do you think are aggressive?
- Complete page 3 using the PowerPoint attached. Week 1_SLT
- Read the make your own notes on the description of SLT on page 4.
- Fill in the gaps for the study on page 5. This study is A02 as it supports SLT.
- Use the document entitled ‘Evaluation of SLT’ on the website to complete page 6.
- Correct the 10 mistakes on page 7.
Next week: synoptic evaluation and evaluation of SLT (it might be an idea to read up on IDA as synoptic evaluation before the lesson).
Please complete pages 12, 13 and 14 of your booklet.
The learning objectives for the lesson are to be able to describe and evaluate Bowlby’e evolutionary theory of attachment. You could get an essay question on this in the exam – so you need up to 8 marks of description and 8 marks of evaluation.
For homework, please make your own revision notes on the description and evaluation of Bowlby’s theory.
Use the PP and the Word document to fill in the missing information in the booklet.
Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org