Response from aqa
“Both A2 Principal Examiners have agreed that as DSM5 was only released in May, students will be credited if they do use it effectively but examining will reflect both versions of the manual. At least for this teaching year, ….. questions using DSM4 can receive marks across the scale”
So the new DSM came out earlier this year: www.dsm5.org
If you go to the link “Highlights of Changes…” You will see what they have done to the diagnosis and classification of Schizophrenia…. Proves our point about the subtypes!
I am just waiting for response from the exam board about how to go about using this information in an exam question. E.g. The textbooks still refer to DSM-IV-TR so you should probably still base your answers on this however you could make reference to it. E.g. “In fact, due to this issue with the validity of the different subtypes of Schizophrenia, they have been removed from the recent DSM-V edition.”.
Work for today’s lesson:
1) Hand in your ethics homework ensuring it is named
2) Complete the quick questions on sampling in your booklet page 19
3) Pick up a new orange booklet called “correlational analysis“. Read pages 3, 4 and 5 and complete all activities on page 4. Make a detailed summary of the information (pages 3-5 i.e. description and evaluation of correlations) on extra paper e.g. key words, bullet points, pictures etc. Ensure you have gone over the material thoroughly (quiz next lesson!). It can be handwritten, on A3 paper (ask for some) or on the computer e.g. Word/PowerPoint etc.
Any problems or questions, email me email@example.com Please ensure ALL this work is completed ready for the next lesson
Work for today’s lesson:
1) Complete the short exam question number 2 (Baby G) on p.12 of your booklet.
2) Use this document attachment – sensitivity of mother -textsort summaries to make notes onto p.11 about the causes for different types of attachment. You do NOT need huge amounts of detail so a summary of information is fine.
3) Using your textbook, make notes on Van Ijzendoorn & Kroonenberg’s study into cross-cultural differences in attachment onto p.13 of your booklet i.e. aims procedures findings and conclusions.
4) Listen to the podcast on “evaluation on cross-cultural differences in attachment” on this website and fill in the missing gaps on page 14 of your booklet. You can find it by clicking on this link KSL Attachment – Evaluation of cross-cultural differences in attachment
5) Your test 12 mark question will be after half-term – ensure you bring your revision notes and keep revising for it! (It won’t include today’s work)
Any questions or problems, email me firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE ensure ALL of this work is done ready for our next lesson
Here is the sheet for those of you needing to complete the evaluation table