BBC programme very well worth a listen to. PAVLOV AND HIS DOGS. Use this link for now and I shall look at getting it uploaded directly onto the site.
Remember, your focus is the ACUTE response on the new spec. watch the film here
It’s weird seeing your film coming up on someone else’s channel
Below are the three specimen papers provided from the exam board for paper 1. Keep in mind that while questions we use will be based on these and some may stay the same, we will have made alterations where we think appropriate, changed topic emphasis and edited in any other way we see fit.
Please complete all the pages in the booklet for the first lesson back after Easter.
If you have any queries, please email: email@example.com
- Use the studies attached to complete page 26 (supporting/contradictory research studies for the genetic explanation for aggression). genetics aggression
- Fill in the gap fill on pages 27 and 28 to provide 4 IDA/synoptic paragraphs of effective evaluation.
1. Use the Pdf document to fill in the A01 on Sykes’ theory of institutional aggression on page 19. http://psychology.beauchamp.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/painsofimprisonment.pdf
2. Decide if each of the evaluation points on page 20 is a strength or a weakness of the deprivation model.
3. Fill in the gaps in the missing information on page 21 to provide a detailed description of the importation model. Evaluation of importation model_2016
4. Use the attached PowerPoint to fill in the evaluation of the importation model on page 22.
5. Fill in the attached essay plan. IA template 2016
Please collect an Aggression booklet from the desk and complete the following tasks. The lesson is on the description and evaluation of SLT as an explanation for aggression (and is fairly easy as you have covered SLT at least 3 times previously in the context of other behaviours).
- Complete page 2: which behaviours do you think are aggressive?
- Complete page 3 using the PowerPoint attached. Week 1_SLT
- Read the make your own notes on the description of SLT on page 4.
- Fill in the gaps for the study on page 5. This study is A02 as it supports SLT.
- Use the document entitled ‘Evaluation of SLT’ on the website to complete page 6.
- Correct the 10 mistakes on page 7.
Next week: synoptic evaluation and evaluation of SLT (it might be an idea to read up on IDA as synoptic evaluation before the lesson).